Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Lived experiences of a medical student

calmSailboat3288 July 12th, 2021

So I have had mental issues since college- got diagnosed with anxiety in my late third year college. Somehow managed to graduate on time, but it was not without hardship. I’ve been going through so much in medical school- eventually my diagnosis became major depression in late second year medical school. I’m suffering even more now that I am in clinical clerkship (fourth year medical school). So many requirements you have to pass even when sick and your face to face duty becomes virtu duty. Some days are somewhat easier than others but still. And all the notifs you have to keep on top of… I’m also anxious that despite doing my best I will just end up falling short. I’m also still adjusting to this platform. I feel I need a lot of help but mental health help isn’t the best where I am (though I can see the efforts of professionals to make services more accessible). In particular I feel I need a mentor who can also address my mental health needs but it feels hard to find

placidAvocado2692 July 13th, 2021

@calmSailboat3288 I am so sorry for everything you’re dealing with. You sound overwhelmed and I honestly don’t know how I can be of any help but I’m sending lots of love (and hugs, if wanted) and praying things get better for you