Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Is unknown exciting?

MeMyselfAndHer May 21st, 2017

Dear all smiley

a couple of days ago I was watching random videos on YouTube and I stumbled onto this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_J5J8ap0KQ

It is about a Circus family traveling around Europe. It's in Italian so I don't know how many of you will actually watch it...but anyways...around minute 4.30 they interview a young guy about his concern for the future with such a weird job, he is an acrobat. And here came the inlightening for me: the guy just smiles and replies "the future is a mystery, I don't know what to expect and this is so exciting!".

I thought it was a good idea to share this with you...it gave me a totally different view about the "unknown", the future that for several reasons I am often so terrified about. I see so many people here have this problem.

Now, when I think about tomorrow and my mind automatically tries to go over to "terrified mode", I think about this circus guy and his statement...and switch into "wow, the unknown is so exciting and full of potential!" laugh

I really hope I will be able to keep doing this, and I hope this can be helpful for you too guys yessmiley

Anomalia June 9th, 2017

@MeMyselfAndHer - I think that the unknown can be scary and can be exciting - those emotions are actually pretty similar to me. But I think flipping the perspective to think about the exciting opportunities rather than the fear of not knowing can be really liberating

MeMyselfAndHer OP June 12th, 2017

@Anomalia

Scary and exciting, exactly.

I try to keep a positive attitude even though it's not easy for me. I have always thought that nothing bad would ever happen to me, and lived a decently peaceful life...until everything collapsed on me. After that, it's just so hard to not be concerned if more bad things will happen, or maybe even worst ones.

There are things in life that leave you with a permanent scar.