Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I need your help

understandingOcean8592 June 21st, 2022

2 days ago i went on an airplane for the first time and it was the worst experience of my life . I almost passed out twice , and in the first 30 minutes i was panicking. I felt numb, had an awful headache and i cried every 5 minutes. It was so scary . And i dont want to do it again. I have to go on a plane again in 4 days and i dont know what to do . I cant do it but at the same time i dont have a choice. Now my palms get sweaty every time i even hear the sound of an airplane . What should i do? I need your help .

Livelyparrot123 June 21st, 2022

Try focusing on something else while In airplane.

Hold someone's hand if you are with someone,

Try playing some intense mobile game,some song,or have a "anchor word" which you have devised mentally to give you a placebo effect that everything is okay.

Yomei66 June 23rd, 2022

@understandingOcean8592

Hey, it's yomei. I'm sorry for the horrible situation that you went through, I could imagine the fear and panic that u have back then. I hope you are feeling better now. And I can understand that you are scared to go through and experience that again.

As you said it is your only option, How about practicing breathing exercises techniques? I think it would help you to feel calmer before and during your flight. And also it is better to distract yourself with anything you like that will give you some safe feelings. Wish you a safe flight. ❤️