Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I have social anxiety

J2002 July 29th, 2020

Hello

I am J and I am anxious as FUCK about leaving my house. Or going for a gathering with friends. Everyime one of my friends, asks me to go out, I just dont know what to say. I just got invited to a beach party for my friends birthday and I already get feelings of anxiety about it. I dont even know if I wanna go, or whether I am gonna be able to go. I havent left my house in a long time. I wanna fix my social life but I am sooo insecure 😞

I worry about not being good looking, I worry about how I act with people. I worry about my face looking dead because my eating habits are terrible. I worry about everything and anything. Its making my head hurt. I feel like I am abnormal. I am hurting.

thank you for reading this

I hope everyone is going great though♥️

Sincerelyblackberry July 29th, 2020

@J2002

Hi J. I'm sorry you're feeling this way. I'm sure they like who you are and everything about you because they invited you. That speaks volumes because they enjoy you in going to spend time with them. I think you can buddy up with someone so you don't go alone but if you do just remind yourself that they want you there because they asked you there. They like you and all of you. I think you can do it because just writing about it is the sign of a can do and strong person. I hope you get to go. Hope I writing to you it helped too.

bisexualteacup July 29th, 2020

Hi J, I'm Ellie and I have social anxiety as well. I find it difficult to get out of bed almost every day because my head tells me it's pointless. It sucks and I'm sorry that you're struggling with it. Just know that you're not abnormal and that it does sometimes improve. I find that grounding techniques work quite well, counting down the senses and finding safe materials and scents to focus on when you're having problems. I carry around a small bottle of essential oils which helps a bit. I hope this has helped, even if it is just that you know that you're not alone in this.

Ellie x