Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I dont want to bother people

Alwaysasleep May 6th, 2022

Lately i have been feeling really anxious and down. And it has gotten so bad people around me notice it. I feel like they are getting really annoyed by it all though. I would rather not bother them at all. Even when they say it is fine, it still feels like theyll get annoyed/bothered by it. And i cant seem to get that out of my mind. So when i do open up to them i immidiatly feel guilty and just apologize a whole lot.

snowylovegood May 6th, 2022

@Alwaysasleep Hello! I know how hard it can be to feel guilty for opening up. Really, it is a sign of empathy that you don't want anyone else to feel your pain, but it is easy to get warped and distorted into something painful when you throw anxiety and depression into the mix. Feeling guilty and worried is really uncomfortable and sometimes the thoughts can very loud, but I would encourage you to take your friends at their word. The shitty thing about anxiety is that it can feel very urgent while also not necessarily matching the situation- that's not to say you are definitely wrong, but just to hold on to your ability to question the automatic worried thoughts!