Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

First time I've made myself so anxious I threw up

shyGigabyte November 15th, 2021

So, this morning was the first time I've ever made myself so anxious I threw up.

I've had anxiety for years. I was depressed for a while but I haven't had a problem with that for a year or two now, mostly due to my boyfriend being a support but I also went to therapy for a few months, that helped.

I've had panic attacks in the past, ones that have left me shaking and crying and feeling like I'm never gonna get through it, but today's was the first time I actually made myself so anxious I threw up.

I know why I was anxious, I've been anxious over this situation before, and I'm fine now. But the fact that I actually made myself physically sick scares me.

halcyonCloud2036 November 15th, 2021

@shyGigabyte

it sounds like you are doing a really great job looking for ways to manage your anxiety. Have you ever visited the Anxiety Support Group chatroom here? It is a great place to meet others who are also dealing with similar situations.

colorfulTurtle948 November 16th, 2021

@shyGigabyte I understand that the new symptom can be scary. It sounds like you are very self-aware with your symptoms and triggers. Also, you are very active in your care! So, although it can be scary to have this completely new physical symptom, I think you can work through this as well. I would also suggest checking out the Anxiety Support Group and looking over resources on 7 Cups.

Here is the link to the guides available on 7 Cups: https://www.7cups.com/supportGuides/selfHelpGuides.php

Since anxiety can be due to a variety of factors depending on the person, I thought it would be better for you to look over the list to see if any other guides could be helpful rather than just the anxiety guide. Hope you work through this, and feel free to message me if you need someone to talk to :)