Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Dating

PreciousReflection April 15th, 2022

I am supposed to go on a date this evening and have some anxiety about this. What if she doesn't like me? What if I don't like her? How can I avoid awkward pauses in conversation? Do I try to kiss her on the first date? It all increases my anxiety level since I have not dated in a very long time.

Does anyone have any suggestions or could share ways that you got through situations like this?

Thanks,

-Reflection

Sunisshiningandsoareyou April 27th, 2022

@PreciousReflection

Hello reflection, I understand how nerve wracking such instances are, and the multiple "what ifs" in our brain makes the anxiety worse, I'm sure many can relate with you. ❤

Coming to this a bit late though :') how did your date go?

PreciousReflection OP April 27th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Thanks for responding. Date went OK, we had lots to talk about, but was not really a romantic connection in the end. More like two friends talking. And I haven't called her back in a week or two. So at least I got some practice facing my fear so next time will hopefully be a little easier.

Thanks again and good luck,

-Reflections

Sunisshiningandsoareyou April 27th, 2022

@PreciousReflection

Ofcourse and thankyou too.

I'm glad the date went okay, sometimes romantic connections may take time to build up hehe but it's nice to know y'all had lots to talk about even if it felt like a friendly vibe. That's really awesome to hear you got to practice managing your fear and indeed, perhaps the next time will be much better. Best wishes. ❤

jblitz59 April 28th, 2022

Nice job though going through!

I suggest next time you have anticipatory anxiety you can answer- “so what?” Or “whatever” after realizing you are thinking of what if worries.

likewise realize, whatever is the worst that can happen is really harmless. And most likely it is a neutral or good outcome. As you realized in actuality

PreciousReflection OP May 2nd, 2022

@jblitz59

I like that, "so what?", and "whatever". I will try that next time I have anticipatory anxiety. Another phrase I use a lot is "What if it all works out" to combat worry. I'm not sure how well it works but I still use it as a last line of defense lol.

Thanks for the comment's, everyone, I do appreciate it!

rationalHouse139 June 6th, 2022

Can you recommend anything for me? any dating site

fruityHorizon3940 September 6th, 2022

@PreciousReflection

Hi Reflection, I totally understand your anxiety and it coming from not wanting to mess up. Your date is most definitely over by now, but don't be nervous. You meeting this person allows for you to show who you are and why they'd be so lucky to have you. This is an opportunity to learn from your mistakes, and be unapologetically you. Don't overthink it, just go where your heart does❤️. I'm sure they'll love you. How did the date go?