Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Anybody dealing with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

MindMood February 3rd, 2018

I've posted before about how i struggle with general anxiety and depression.

So far, I haven't said much about my OCD. At times, it is very distressing and disruptive.

I'm currently struggling with a particular obsessive thought. I have my own "rules" that I try to stick to when it comes to obsessive thoguhts. Sometimes I stick to these rules, and sometimes I slip.

My first rule is to do what I would normally be doing despite the obsessive thoguht. This means not giving into the compulsive behavior that the obsessive thoguht is telling me to do. It also means not avoiding other things in my life because I'm anxious about my obsessive thought.

The second rule is to avoid rumination and keep myself occupied. If I catch myself sitting and ruminating on the obsessive thought, I try to redirect my attention to something productive or entertianing.

At the moment, i'm trying to stick to my rules, but I'm feeling very anxious and distressed.

Yukihiko August 11th, 2018

@MindMood

Hellow there!

I'm sorry to hear that you're struggling through Anxiety, depression and OCD. It must be really hard for you, but I'm glad that you're reaching help and willing to be better! Your rules seems positive, I like them! What I do when I'm overthingking or obsessing about a thought is I write them down or make a poem about it.