Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Holiday Anxiety

GoldenGrapefruit77 September 2nd, 2015

So I'm going on holiday soon and my anxiety had started taking its toll- what if I lose something, what if I dont understand the language, what if what if what if... It's really starting to stress me out, does anyone have any tips on coping with this?

Raylen September 2nd, 2015

Anxiety can be overwhelming and stressing but you shouldn't let it ruin your holiday, those are my favourites mechanisms to deal with anxiety and they help me a lot when I feel anxious:

1st there is the breathing exercise : Close your eyes and start counting your breath, focus on nothing but your breath , it will calm you down. 2nd there is the grounding technique it works on the 5 senses, so when you feel anxious look around you, Name 5 things you can see, 4 things you can touch, 3 things you can hear, 2 things that you can smell and 1 thing you can taste. 3rd method is repeating a mantra it can be very simple like saying " I'm okay" or it can be more complicated like repeating a specific poem or a song. 4th is also another brething exercise , fill the air up your tummy, not your chest, 4 seconds in, hold for 3, and slowly out for 6 do it 20 times minimum. 5th 6th 7th and 8th are long term methods like exercising at least 3 times a week for 20 minutes , eating balanced diet, avoiding alcohol and sleep for 9 hours daily

9th Chewing gum, it reduces anxiety Holding breath. 10th Aroma Therapy , clears Head, 11th drinking Calming Herbal Tea as it clears Head

I hope this help, have a nice holiday !