Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Fear of Going Broke Financially

Huskylife December 10th, 2018

I have a fear of going financially broke. As soon as my bank account gets low, I panick and cant seem to focus on anything except the what ifs. It is awful. Then I dont think I can do anything because I get the feeling that I should know better than to be in this situation. And every time I need to buy something I get this pit in my stomach, and fear that I wont have enough money to buy things I truly need. ( like groceries, etc. ). Im not sure why I fear this, as I have never went bankrupt before, or havent even missed a bill or loan payment, but do live pay cheque to pay cheque. I just cant help feeling scared. Anyone else have this, and how do you overcome it?

Darkseed December 10th, 2018

@Huskylife

This is a source of one of my stresses as well. I believe that many people in fact suffer from anxiety attacks when it comes to spending money. I find that I unconsciously bite my fingernails when I have that anxious feeling build up inside.

The best way I can think of is to keep a strict budget and follow it. If you're living from paycheck to paycheck, then it's time to look for another job and/or training opportunities. You need to be able to save some money for emergencies in the future, and one day when you are required to retire.