Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Dementophobia

Orangecat5093 February 7th, 2021

I have a fear of mental illness. My life is like a never ending spiral of anxiety. if it was possible for me to give to someone else it would be banned by Geneva convention. Mine is namely a fear of intellectual disability and that I am a fraud that slipped through the system and if they found out who I truly was, I would never be able to get a job or house, I would be homeless or institutionalized. Reason I have it? My parents did every thing for me so I don't trust myself and all other people I have ever speak to call me mentally slow. I'm a fraud that will be found out in short order. Having a fear of my own potential mental illnesses is like being afraid of your reflection while being trapped in a mirror. Every facet of my existing just seems off.

Breezy2013 February 7th, 2021

@selfconfidentComputer3306

Can say your fear is valid. Stigma is a real thing and people are way too judgemental. Been there and done that, I am Bipolar, have CPTSD and am Schizoaffective. Tried the corporate job, have the tshirt, they drove me out. I left. Now I no longer care, am on disablity and going to school. I made enough while I was working to pay my bills and be comfortable. Put my time in and I am done. Not going to try to make people happy anymore. I am making me happy, and will work for myself when I graduate. No more dealing with management.