Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I wish I could be more like Bella

Brian737 December 6th, 2015

I've battled with anxiety, depression and panic attacks all my life and I have to admit I envy those who can do all the things that my condition restricts me from.

Someone like Bella, she's amazing. I've watched her for a long time and I'm awestruck by the confidence and grace she shows in any situation. She always looks good, never seems to have a bad hair day, she's never been self conscious, like she'll take a shit if she needs one no matter where or who's around. She'll drop a fart that'd clear a room and look around like nothing is wrong and she's right......nothing IS wrong. She's just being who and what she is and present in the moment(Eckarte Tolle could learn from her).....totally comfortable in her being. I've always wondered what it felt like to be like Bella, the comfortable in your own skin thing. She never worries(that I know of) she doesn't want/need money......she just is and her goal seems to be having fun and sleeping.

Yep.....I wish I could be more like my German Shepherd Bella.

My life would be a lot easier.

Brian

professionalPerspective60 December 7th, 2015

@Brian737

Hi Brian,

I was smiling from ear to ear by the time I reached the end of your post, he brought back some fond memories for me, so thank you for sharing and making me smile today, it was much needed, I assure you πŸ™‚

German Shephards are one of the most loyal companions, and I'm totally glad you have Belle to share your life with.

If Bella could speak, she would be telling you, how happy and content she is in her life, having a master who loves and adores her! she is one lucky dog!

Good luck my friend!

Brian737 OP December 7th, 2015

@professionalPerspective60

I'm glad this little story made you smile, that was its intention, although there is a truth to it. I thought about it on our daily walk in the park and how focused Bella is on the simple things of creation around her. I believe if we all could renew our contact with nature as she does, just may e we wouldn't have these mental issues.

Thank for your response and kind words πŸ™πŸ»

Brian and Bella πŸ•

professionalPerspective60 December 7th, 2015

@Brian737

you and Bella have a beautiful companionship and I am in awe of you right now. It's just simply gorgeous the way you speak of her, I dog is certainly a man's best friend in more ways than one.

Brian737 OP December 7th, 2015

@professionalPerspective60

Again, thank you 😊 she's my constant companion and when I look at her I feel complete love and acceptance that there is still good in the world. Now if I could make the same connection with people......that would be just great πŸ˜„

She's pretty well held me together this last few months since my Mom passed away. BTW I'm old myself 63 had to retire early last year for health reasons. Now my anxiety has really kicked in, but Bella keeps me on track. I often wonder who looks after who.

i just joined this network a few weeks back, I had no idea so many people were suffering especially the young people. It's sad.....

Bless you my friend and be well

Brian and Bella πŸ™πŸ»πŸ•