Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

How do you know you have panic attacks?

AdventureCode345 April 10th, 2023

So I think I get panic attacks but idk. Like smo told me it’s getting flooded with emotion, which I totally have. But a few days ago I was hit with just this Terror. Granted I’ve felt it before I just never put two and two together so I think I might have panic attacks but it could just be me freaking out over nothing or being overwelmed. Idk. It was rlly bad tho. Like i carry all my pain in my chest and I just felt it all at once and it hurt a lot but I wad in control. idk ppl who get panic attacks can u tell me if that’s a panic attack or if I’m just overreacting please?

globalBraid3744 April 15th, 2023

@AdventureCode345

A panic attack is a sudden onset of intense anxiety or fear that often feels like a heart attack. It can be accompanied by physical symptoms like rapid heartbeat, sweating, shaking, shortness of breath, and chest pain. Panic attacks can occur unexpectedly or may be triggered by a specific situation, such as being in a crowded space.

If this sounds familiar it's possible that what you experienced was a panic attack, but the best way to know for sure is to talk to a medical professional. It's important to take care of yourself and seek help if you're struggling with overwhelming emotions. In any case, I don't think you are overreacting as all emotions give us information about something, and feeling overwhelmed signals you might benefit from reaching out for support and talking about what is making you feel this way.

AdventureCode345 OP April 15th, 2023

@globalBraid3744

thank you so much! I’m gonna speak it over with my therapist.

SneakySnakeBoi April 19th, 2023

@AdventureCode345

I don't think you are overreacting as all! it sounds that what you experienced was a panic attack, but to know for sure you can talk to a professional, who can help you with this if that indeed it was it was

lightSailboat7796 April 19th, 2023

@AdventureCode345 During a panic attack, the patient is unbearable due to a strong sense of fear, and often requires emergency help immediately. During the intermittent period of the attack, 60% of the patients actively avoided some activities because they were worried that they would not get help during the attack, such as refusing to go out alone, not going to crowded places, not traveling by car, etc., or going out with others accompany and so on.