Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Excited but scared

Linni December 1st, 2014

Hi! My name is Linnea. I go to a music school and that means that I have music 5 times every week. So this week we are having Christmas concerts. We don't have any ordinary classes for the entire week. That may sound like a dream for some people but it's like the opposite. I suffer from anxiety and panic attacks, today was the first day of rehearsals. It started of pretty good but after lunch it went down the hill. And at the end of the day Icould barleybreath and I where very close to have a panic attack. Luckily I could save myself andI ran out from the room we were in. But I Can't do that for the entire week, especially not during a concert. Do you have any tips how I can do to not pass out or have panicattacks every day??

sympatheticWriter49 December 2nd, 2014

Hi Linnea,

Please know that your not alone, I suffer from anxiety and panic too. I'm proud of you that you are able to be in a social setting, that in itself is amazing. Have you tried wearing a rubberbandaround your wrist? you'll want to pull it back and snap it on your wrist in time of panic. I'm sending prayers and hugs your way, I know you'll get through this.

warm fuzzies, Gail