Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Never been loved

ram7474 March 15th, 2023

I’m 22 and I’ve never been in a relationship. That I can get over, but my problem is that I was never loved. All my friends have been crushed on at least once in their lives. They always start telling stories about guys who tried to talk to them, they always get attention but I never had that, not even once. I felt like I’m not pretty enough so I started taking care of how I look but that didn’t change anything. I started being more outgoing, but now I feel like maybe I’m not approachable. Maybe I have a bad personality? Maybe I’m destined to be a side character? Maybe I’m just not attractive?

Now I’m starting to fear that I’ll never be loved.

Anyone else been through that?

dynamicYard5949 March 15th, 2023

How old are you dear

dynamicYard5949 March 15th, 2023

Oh, 22,i see. Maybe someone is talking bad thing about you behind your back?

beautifulJewel9245 March 16th, 2023

@ram7474

Dear friend,

I know how painful it is to not be seen. I understand it's tough when all your friends are sharing their stories and you don't have any experience to share. You try to be like them to be noticed and with a lot of thoughts going on in your mind, I too would feel the same way. What makes you think you have a bad personality or you are not attractive? Also let me know how can I help you.

If you feel like talking about this, feel free to message me so that I can listen and support you.

toughTiger6481 March 16th, 2023

@ram7474

hello and yes many people have been through this ........

Having attention and crushes is not love. Many also may exaggerate those experiences

IMO it is not about looks or personality but confidence ........ when i was younger i too thought i was always the sidekick ......

even the weird guy that hit on everyone ......did not hit on me........ so i asked him ........ i was told i have confidence and was smarter and brutally honest........ then they were and most felt i was out of their possibilities............... because i would see through any line of approach they could come up with....... Told me i could see right through him so he was not even going to try.......

March 16th, 2023

Hey! I can totally understand what you're going through. My experience is very similar to yours . But know that all this does not define your worth. Don't let these thoughts consume your mind. Everything's gonna be fine . Hoping the best for you!

sophia1978 March 17th, 2023

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear that you're going through a tough time right now. It can be difficult when you feel like you're not receiving the love and attention that you crave, especially when it seems like everyone else around you is.

First of all, I want to assure you that you are not alone. Many people go through periods of feeling unloved or unwanted, and it's completely normal to feel that way. It's important to remember that your worth is not determined by how much attention or affection you receive from others.

It sounds like you've been taking steps to try and change things, like improving your appearance and being more outgoing. These are great things to do, but it's important to do them for yourself and not just to try and attract attention from others. Remember that confidence and self-love are attractive qualities in themselves.

As for your fears about never being loved, try not to let them consume you. You are still young and have plenty of time to meet someone who loves and appreciates you for who you are. Focus on building a fulfilling life for yourself and being the best version of yourself that you can be. The right person will come along when the time is right.

If you're still struggling, consider talking to a trusted friend or seeking professional help. You don't have to go through this alone. Take care of yourself and keep your head up.