Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Just curious

appledog2006 April 29th

Just curious....

Today ...after having dinner my father just stood up and went to his room .....I very politely called my father and told him to pick and the put his plate in washing area .....then I got scolded by him ...that I am ordering him and the females of the house should do it not the man .....but everyone in my family after eating put their plates in washing area.....why father can't pick up his plate and put it washing area....in that way my mother has to do less housework even it means very little.....was i really wrong?  

DaisyLight7107 April 30th

@appledog2006, I hear you. Sometimes, certain idea and beliefs can be embedded in our parents' minds based on what they saw growing up. While they may not realize that times have changed, it is important to remain respectful and loving towards them and keep pushing for what is right. Unfortunately this is a reality for some women across the world. The brunt of the house work falls on them and it's just a cultural norm for them. We should definitely all try our absolute best to help with house work and small chores. All the best to you!