Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Hi I’m new and need help!

pixiemoog8 August 31st

Hi my name is sarah (pixiemoog)

I have a n anxiety disorder and feeling very stressed atm I feel I’m having few problems at home and work it’s making. Me depeesssd

its like the more Ill I am the more I feel I get in trouble or blamed for just being that, I knibfa feel my parents pressure me and it suck to know im much much older to be treated this way anymore the only reson I don’t listen to people because I’ve walkways felt I never need to I’ve listened but im 32 now not a kid I need to make my own decisions not them choose my life for me. I liturally feel I get blamed just because im struggling to receive any form of help.

it’s like I don’t exist half the time

BlueSoul2290 August 31st

@pixiemoog8

Hey Sarah,

I'm so sorry you're going through this. Your feelings are completely justified.

I think it is understandable that parents sometimes might want to be involved in our lives, even when we're adults, especially if we live with or close to them. However, it's important to be treated as an adult with the respect and independence you deserve. I think maybe having a heart-to-heart with your parents could help. You could express your understanding of their love and concern, but also let them know that you’re an adult now and need to make your own decisions. Clear communication might help set some boundaries and make things a bit easier. and clarify what areas they can and cannot offer advice on.

You you have every right to seek the support you need. Not getting that support can make things worse and could lead to more misunderstandings. So I think you should do whatever you feel is right for your well-being.

I hope you start feeling and things get better for you soon.
🙏🍀