Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Difficulty with sleep

agreeableShade4304 June 30th

With my anxiety, I’ve had some difficulty with getting restful sleep. I go to bed fine but a few hours later I find myself awake and having difficulty going back to sleep which bit am sure is anxiety related.I usually end up going on my computer until I tire myself out and fall asleep. I’m curious how you all handle sleep difficulties

BlueDarkAurora July 17th

@agreeableShade4304 Not having a restful sleep is very draining<3 I find not taking naps throughout the day helps, also not going to bed hungry. Keeping some kind of relaxing music or podcast on all night might help ease back into sleep. Writing all your stress and worries or thoughts before bed as a way to let them out can be helpful as well. Hope you do find ways that help you get a full night sleep soon :) 

agreeableShade4304 OP July 17th

@BlueDarkAurora Thank you, I appreciate that. What I have found that helps with the sleep is to stay "out of my head" so to speak. And its not just worry, its just random thoughts. But those random thoughts can create anxiety esp if you are trying to sleep. 

BlueDarkAurora July 17th

@agreeableShade4304 Understandable ^^ Glad you were able to identify that, makes it easier to find a solution:)

Rizuemu000 July 19th

@agreeableShade4304

It’s tough when you wake up in the middle of the night and find it hard to get back to sleep... take care of yourself. It can be helpful to maintain a consistent sleep schedule, even on weekends, to regulate your body’s internal clock.

@agreeableShade4304

I spoke to my doctor and she prescribed me hydroxyzine, which is an antihistamine that helps me fall asleep quickly and stay asleep.  

Ervie July 23rd

I would suggest that going on your phone or computer isn't a good idea when you can't sleep. I had the same problem last year. I suffered from it for 2 months to the point that I thought I was gonna d*e due to lack of good sleep.First thing I did was reduce my screen time. The blue light emitted from gadgets disrupts our melatonin. It's not a panacea for sleep problems but it does help. Also, try being physically active and eat gut friendly foods.