Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Coping with silent treatement/ghosting

fearlessLake3608 February 14th

Im currently being ghosted by a few people that promised I can rely on them. Its very unfair and cruel. Do these people even care about the impression they leave of themselves? How do I convince myself that there are "good people"? Are there? How do I see the world as it truly is? How to cope?

toughTiger6481 February 15th

@fearlessLake3608

In general there are good people out there but they are harder to find.... instead what you find are those who sympathize and make big gestures fully expecting to NEVER be called on.... then when a person follows up and takes them up on offer of help........ they may  think ghosting or pretending they missed your call text or whatever saves face for them.  It is rude and not an oops i missed your call or text thing. 

people do not think about the other side of this behavior or think what if the situations were reversed....and they needed help.  It is not personal but instead it shows their true nature some like to play super supportive and cross their fingers that you never take them up on it.    

Kristynsmama February 15th

@fearlessLake3608

im sorry to hear that anyone is ghosting/ignoring you.  That can certainly be very hurtful.  You asked some very important questions and I would love to hear your answers to the questions you asked.  

fearlessLake3608 OP February 15th

@Kristynsmama in my answer i will refer to the previous answer and say its wrong, the people that ghosted me did it abruptly without telling me anything positive for a long time, the abuse was insidious and ongoing but the ignoring was abrupt.