Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Dad

sincereBalsam9865 July 15th, 2022

My dad has had a problem with drinking for around 3 years now i think. the past year becoming much more serious, he doesnt admit it but i think it would be considered alcoholic. i only found out a couple of months ago along with my siblings. we’ve had so many long conversation with him where he says he’ll stop, he goes to meetings but can just never stop. every single day. he says terrible thing i can only hope he doesnt mean. i’m only 14 so im pretty fragile you could say. added on to him constantly insulting me and then telling me he loves me the next day when i’ll confront him is hard. i feel stuck. 14 years old, covid and alcohol stuffing up everything.

ZZQQ July 16th, 2022

@sincereBalsam9865 This is definitely alcoholic, I think you better ask someone more professional to help your father.

toughTiger6481 July 30th, 2022

Many in that situation do not stop unless they have something bad happen to them .... trouble with the law driving offenses etc.

He knows he can convince you and siblings so he will keep lying to you..... he has to want to quit and see how his drinking is ruining your relationship with him not only NOW but most likely throughout life.

many adult children of alcoholics want zero to do with them even after they quit.....