Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Tw//sh

Hey I’m new here and I was doing a lot of self harm when I was feeling down, or mad, or anything really that sets me off mainly arguments with my dad, or if I’m feeling bad about myself..and then I found out about nicotine and vaping, everyone warned me I’d become addicted to nicotine and I told them that I wouldn’t, that I was “different” that I could stop…it’s been almost 2 years and I’m still heavily addicted to it, now instead of self harming physically, I use my vape, I been 7 months clean from it, but I nearly lost the clean streak yesterdsy until I found this app.

Trying to manage deeper emotions like anger or sadness or judgmental people or thoughts with such coping mechanisms are understandable methods of trying to escape deep pain. Self harm was a way to cope with these deeper feelings, but it came at a cost of your own physical safety. The turn to drugs was trading in one painful coping mechanism for another. It must be so frustrating knowing that you are now fighting an addiction and that you believed would not happen but may have expected deep down. I am glad that you are sharing your story here. If you feel comfortable, you can also seek out chats. I hope that you are compassionate to yourself in your journey to overcome your addiction and that you will one day be able to heal from the pain that is inside.

Omori007 Saturday

I'm glad you didn't give up on your efforts to stay on course 💪