Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Food addiction

CallMeFriday June 17th

Does anyone else deal with food addiction? I feel isolated cause it’s not something that is talked about often. It’s proven that withdrawals from food addiction can and often do look the same as from other common addictions, like alcohol, drugs, gambling and such. But I feel like everyone is so quick to judge and blame me then they are for other addictions. People treat fat people horribly, like we’re not people, with feelings. 

People look at me and feel disgust, while they have empathy for others. Were people too. 

CheeryMango June 21st

I hear you, and it's understandable to feel isolated when dealing with food addiction, especially given the lack of open discussion about it compared to other types of addiction. It's important to recognize that food addiction is a real struggle that can have significant physical, emotional, and social impacts, just like other addictions. Withdrawals from food addiction can indeed manifest similarly to withdrawals from substances like alcohol or drugs, which underscores the seriousness of the issue. It's unfortunate that there can be judgment and stigma attached to weight and food-related struggles, which often leads to unfair treatment and misunderstanding.