Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Help I've let things go

GlitchHunter June 15th, 2022

my fiance has relapse on prescribed medication (pain meds) for 1 year and half. im terrified i didn't suspect a thing. how can i help him. we met in detox 5 years this august and been sober 27th dec 2017 then this meds thing has come from no where. i cant help feeling careless or not paying enough attention. ive let him down. hes getting help going on subutex again but how did i miss this.

He's my world and I've missed him drowning in his old ways..

I need to help him xx

Thank you

Glitch x

juliak1968 June 16th, 2022

@GlitchHunter

Hi,

Please don't blame yourself because you know, as an addict we can be the very most crafty liars and scam artists. If we can con ourselves, we can con you sort of mentality. I'm only saying its not your fault for being unable to spot something and person is set on hiding. Pain meds (opiots) are basically heroin and as an addict I can tell you we are able to fool ourselves and anyone we want to out of a fear of being exposed. Stay strong!~

Blessings, Day

GlitchHunter OP June 16th, 2022

Thank you. I'm glad it's finally out but I'm still scared we are to marry in 53 days but as we promised each other when things got rough we would talk with no lies or judgement :'( but it's a year and a half he has been lying to my face , even blaming me for money loss/waste.... on our wedding.

I thought I was loosing my mind but he was gaslighting me. I'm scared it might not just be meds what if our relationship is at risk. Could there be another person or anything else I need to know. (He's not the cheating type but now ........ I'm scared)

He's taken the first step to get help from addiction doctors again like back in 2017 so that's a huge POSITIVE and I'm proud of him for sorting it, I just wish it was sooner. I know what's caused the relapse as I've done the math.

It was my sister fault I relapsed for 1 night after she dropped a vile lie on my family (different mums) I ended up getting sectioned and arrested for drink and then jumping out of a low window which busted my foot. He got ME pain meds to help me.

It is my fault :,( I want to k### my once step sister for so many reasons these days. *angry with In*

Thank you for replying however x G

calmBirch6448 June 26th, 2022

@GlitchHunter

I hear you, I understand it must have been tough for you and it is completely valid to feel like that I would feel the same way but know it is never your fault.

Feel free to visit our rooms or listeners here-: Browse listener (clickable).

And also know you are alone we are here for you, please take care (:

compassionateCar7091 September 19th, 2022

Remember this is not your fault, you can't be held responsible for someone else decisions, All you can do is be supportive and be there for him but don't be to hard on yourself for not catching him when he relapsed, he hid it from you and that's a conversatoin I would personally have with him while moving forward in your relationship