Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

"Strive Towards Leadership & Professional Excellence" : the 7 Cups Academy!

Heather225 December 17th, 2020

Hello, everyone! The Community Team has been hard at work on something exciting that we're finally ready to give you a sneak peek at!

Drumroll....

πŸ₯ πŸ₯ πŸ₯ πŸ₯ πŸ₯

Introducing... The 7 Cups Academy!

The 7 Cups Academy
is a tuition-free institution that trains members, listeners, and researchers to develop skills and better care for our community. There are 5 tracks:

- 7 Cups Internship
- Leadership Development Program
- Group Leadership and Dynamics Development
- Content Development and Marketing
- Quality Leadership Program

Trainees can take one or all tracks at no cost. Each track includes academic coursework and a practicum component where the trainee learns by doing.

History

7 Cups was created to scale emotional support via active listening. The first course was the active listening program that included interacting with a chatbot that acts like a distressed student and an oath to treat people with dignity and respect. At present, over 450,000 volunteer listeners in 189 countries have completed this initial program. The training then evolved to include 280 levels that listeners work through as they master skills and build their listener reputation. This includes 66 different courses that listeners can take to better understand life issues, psychological challenges, and ways to help. In parallel, listeners also created training guides to supplement the educational materials on the site.

In 2014, we added the internship program to create a more formalized educational and practicum process where the listener would also learn by doing. A certain amount of listening and course completion was required to complete the internship. In 2020, we implemented the Leadership Development Program to strengthen the overall leadership capacity across the domains that represent the 7 Cups community.

The success of the prior programs and the additional layering of the training + practicum components helped us better understand that the model created via the internship and LDP could be generalized to other areas like quality leadership, group leadership and dynamics, and content development and marketing.

Career Development and Placement

Our goal is to help people across our community thrive. Academy trainees will develop new skills, educational expertise, and real-world experience across domains. We want the Academy to be a safe place where they can grow and master new competencies. Ultimately, we would like us to be able to bridge graduates from the Academy to more comprehensive roles, and occupations, as they establish themselves in their domains.

We're still working out final details before the Academy is ready to be launched in its entirety, but we are looking to get it live next month (January 2021). However, you can look forward to previewing Group Leadership and Dynamics Development when it's unveiled in a post next week, as well as the chance to vote on the Academy's logo!

Meanwhile, please let us know what you think of this so far! Does it sound exciting? Are you interested in enrolling?

Listeningsarinn December 17th, 2020

@Heather225

yay yay H! This is a big big piece of news and is absoloutly exciting! *~* definietly looking forward to hearing more!
And projects like this take A LOT of work and thought before being seen in action huge huge thanks to you and everyone else who has been working on thisπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

December 17th, 2020

@Heather225

I am really excited πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–. I would love to enroll. πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–

BeigeMoonlight December 17th, 2020

@Heather225 Love the idea! Can't way to learn more about it

AbbyRecovers December 18th, 2020

@Heather225 totally interested in this~ My passion is to help and render a listening ear to as many people as possible and I am so glad there will be a place where I can learn and help more n more peopleπŸ₯°

generouswings January 31st, 2021

@Heather225 Looking forward to it😊

ArtByAGZ333 February 5th, 2021

This sounds amazing, I would most certainly love to be a part of this. I love that seven cops is doing things like this!

KatieTheWingedOne December 17th, 2020

@Heather225 To me it sounds incredibly interesting, I really want to enroll πŸ˜…(for the past few months I've been considering an internship... So this is a great post!)

Azalea98 December 17th, 2020

Have really been enjoying LDP so would 100% be interested in enrolling in the other tracks. Can't wait to hear more about it! πŸ’–

mxmes December 17th, 2020

@Heather225

This sounds wonderful! What if your already in the internship, can you be in this as well since it's apart of it?

heartatpeace December 17th, 2020

@mxmes i'd like to know that too!!

ThePeter123 December 17th, 2020

@Heather225 how do i enroll in the 7 cups academy i want to learn more

Sunshine1395 December 17th, 2020

Sounds exciting! I am interested to be part of this community!πŸ˜ƒ

LetsWeatherTheStorm December 17th, 2020

@Heather225

Whoa!🀩

The 7 Cups Academy,with academic coursework and a practicum,in 5 tracks!

Can't wait anymore!

Wish all of us interested could find some time to complete them...

All The Best People!

blissart December 17th, 2020

@Heather225

Of course it sounds exciting and something to look forward to

JJwrites315 December 17th, 2020

@Heather225

I am certainly interested and excited to learn more!

Smallz10142 December 17th, 2020

@Heather225

This sounds very interesting.

December 17th, 2020

@Heather225 Absolutely. I thoroughly enjoyed the Internship and LDP and learned new things. Looking forward to the newer courses 🀩

CaringBrit December 17th, 2020

@Heather225 what a new exciting interesting idea although I'm heavily invested in quality already as a QM and QML it never hurts to have more ways to train refresh skills learn new that track and the content one has my interest I'm still interested in listener development to will probs try again later at that one later date

SympatheticStrawberrySmoothie December 17th, 2020

@Heather225

Great initiative! I think bringing everything together with a project like this would definitely benefit the community! I would most definitely take part! Thank you to all the Management Team and everyone else who strives to help the community thrive! πŸ˜πŸŽ‰

JusticiaPrimalDorogo December 17th, 2020

Is it free, for real? If it is, I am in for all tracks!

11820Read December 17th, 2020

@Heather225

Sounds wonderful and sparks my interest; I need to know more information regarding the program and how to join before truly enrolling though!

I really look forward to reading more details about this!

bookworm274 December 17th, 2020

@Heather225

I think this is a great idea and definitely something I would find interesting! Thank you so much to everyone who has worked on it, it must have taken a lot of time and effort heart

pamharley003 December 17th, 2020

@Heather225

Would love to enroll to further my listening and leadership role

lyricalAngel70 December 17th, 2020

I am filled with enthusiasm & excitement to get enrolled soonest. ❀

This sounds wonderful. Thanks a lot for doing this. 😍

I believe that with more such training & courses - we develop as an individual, 7 Cups of tea as a great platform.

JemmyX0X0 December 17th, 2020

@Heather225

I have a question,

What is the minimum age to join? Because you have to be at least 15 to be a listener, I assume that you have to be 15 to do this?

CompassionateDreamer8522 December 17th, 2020

@Heather225 This is absolutely amazing!

KristinHelps December 17th, 2020

@Heather225 this sounds very interesting, can't wait to learn more and have more details!

MistyMagic December 17th, 2020

@Heather225 This sounds awesome! I thoroughly recommend the Leadership Development Program! It was really interesting to work through, and I thank those that took the time to write it and then manage the work.

nekomancers December 17th, 2020

@Heather225

we would love to take part after my gcses are finished if it is still avaliable.

KindnessMatters2020 December 18th, 2020

@Heather225

This sounds amazing and so informative! Thank you for continuing to create pathways for quality improvement and education! Love it <3

BeginnerPsych December 18th, 2020

@Heather225
Great! I am interested! Hope the requirements to enroll won't be too high though

amiablePeace77 December 18th, 2020

@Heather225

I love this "Academy", thank you for offering this! smiley

lavenderSquire2736 January 31st, 2021

Interested

K87 February 19th, 2021

@amiablePeace77

Hi, I am very interested, but I have a couple questions. I understand that u must be crazy busy with this amazing initiative, so I was wondering if, rather than take up too much of your time, is there another way to get the answers? I'm beyond interested. I appreciate ur help πŸ™‰πŸ‘

amiablePeace77 February 22nd, 2021

@K87

Not sure which answers you mean atm, so pls pm me smiley

RideaRainbow February 19th, 2021

Am super interested. Count me in will fill the form from My laptop because my listening statistics aren't accessible from the mobile. Thanks

Sunkisst December 22nd, 2020

@Heather225

How can I enroll?

Sher217 December 23rd, 2020

Sounds very interesting! I will watch for further information to enroll 😁

BipolarNWonderland December 25th, 2020

This sounds REALLY exciting & I am so eager to learn even more about this!

IceCream4IceCream January 1st, 2021

@Heather225 This sounds so exciting! I'd love to take part.