Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

achieving a better life expierience (ABLE) account

aherosheart47 October 27th, 2015

Hello everyone! glad to see all of you here, and i'm glad to be a part of this community..although it hasn't been long, it has really become a deeply positive thing for me, and and an example of what humanity is capable of, and that is kindness and support of each other..now..have you all heard about the able act and the able account? what this means for us with disabilities is life changing!

These accounts that are set up similar to a 529 college savings accounts will allow for people with disabilities save money without being penalized and taxed, for qualified expenses, (housing, medical, transportation) and you won't lose your current benefits, each state is responsible for implementing them where the cap amounts are well beyond the $2,000 dollars which folks on SSI and SSD are allowed in assets at any one time, being on SSI most of my life,i've never been able to save much aside.. 2 thousand dollars is not much in relation to a car or buying a house, I have dreamed of having my own house for years and years now..I'm just a breath away from being homeless or at the whims of another roomate or some such thing..and it would be nice to put down roots at last somewhere, where i'm not moving like a nomad all the time...anyway, sorry to be longwinded, I would love to start a discussion about this..and see what everyone thinks, and how this program could help change your life!! thank you for listening, and good day to all of you!!

Anomalia April 11th, 2016

I'm not familiar with this, but wanted to give the post a *bump* in case others are and want to discuss. :)