Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

New Experiences

SoulfullyAButterfly September 26th, 2022

_1664194024.sushobhan-badhai-LrPKL7jOldI-unsplash.jpg

What is one new thing you did recently?

Remember to reflect on why this new experience helps you feel grateful.
KimByeongIn September 26th, 2022

@SoulfullyAButterfly

One new thing I did recently was to talk. I know it doesn't sound much but I'm a really quiet person. Super quiet. My ma says she doesn't even know I'm in the car when she's driving because I don't speak at all. So right now, I'm talking. Not just here but in my offline life too. I'm really making an effort to not sound like a robot.

I feel better.

ohwhattodo42 September 27th, 2022

@SoulfullyAButterfly @KimByeongIn

Talking is something I've been working on too! My default state is just to remain silent. But, I had this job that involved answering phone calls from the public, so I got a lot of practice talking to random people for short amounts of time. It was pretty nerve-wracking, but it felt good when I answered someone's question and somehow managed to talk in a clear, understandable, personable voice.

ouiCherie September 28th, 2022

@SoulfullyAButterfly

I can't ride a motorbike and never rode far. Recently, I had long rides (in the back) a lot. My fav was the night rides. It felt liberating!

Another new thing I'm doing is reading a historical fiction about my country.

Btw, great prompt! ⭐️ I listened to Ethan Hawke's Ted Talk about "Give Yourself Permission to be Creative" recently, and trying something new is one tip he shared.

What about you? Any new thing that you tried? 😊