Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

You can see and think differently

MindVoyager November 4th, 2017

In a stuck moment, its hard to see positive forces when obstacles are blaring and fears are looming. This is a good time to be grateful. Not grateful for what has us stuck, but appreciating what doesnt. Gratitude helps us see our situation in a way that can lessen panic and open up our thinking to new solutions.

Related image

1) Notice your day-to-day world from a point of gratitude and be amazed at all the goodness we take for granted.

2) Keep a gratitude journal. All it requires is noting one or more things you are grateful for on a daily basis. No fancy notebook, no computer program required.

3) If you identify something or someone with a negative trait (the cold conference room), switch it in your mind to a positive trait (the conference room with a great view).

4) Give at least one compliment daily, whether directly to a person or by sharing your appreciation of something ("I love how quiet it is in the morning, dont you?").

5) Vow to not complain, criticize, or gossip for a week. If you slip, rally your willpower and keep going. Notice how much energy you were spending on negative thoughts.

Taleof5dogs April 30th, 2019

@MindVoyager thanks for this. I truly needed to read this today. I'm going to try the tips you suggested.

January 15th, 2018

@MindVoyager

Beautiful post! Thanks for sharing your thoughts and ideas :D

karenw April 21st, 2019

@MindVoyager yes when we think about a problem differently it opens up ways to solve it

calmsoulmeet May 13th, 2019

@MindVoyager Very useful tips . Thanks for sharing .

carefreeRose25 May 13th, 2019

@MindVoyager thank u ur post was very positive.

ZeppelinsOverhead May 28th, 2019

@MindVoyager This is a wonderful post, thank you! Especially the bit about complimenting others. Giving positivity out generates calm and positive energy in the soul (: