Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Burnout Prevention- Reminders

Tazzie April 12th, 2021

Hello everyone!

Hope you are doing well. I would like to shed some light on a very important topic today.

I genuinely appreciate all the efforts each of you put in to support our sub-communities. Thank you for your kindness and valuable time! While I sincerely admire the dedication, I greatly care for your well-being and it concerns me when I see listeners taking on roles in more than 3 sub-community teams. I have personally seen over 4 teams on some profiles.

I definitely understand the enthusiasm, passion and interest in developing new experiences. However, involvement in more than 3 sub-communities has been resulting in Burnout for many.

Due to burnout, self-care and quality support are being compromised and negatively impacted.

To prevent burnout, please take the following steps into consideration:

1. Prioritize self-care
2. Maintain volunteer work in upto (but not more than) 3 sub-community teams
3. Set boundaries
4. Incorporate time management skills

I hope these reminders serve you in the most positive ways possible. If you have already been putting these into practice, keep up the great work!

Thank you for all you do for others! Please know that you as a person and volunteer hold a lot of importance. Take great care of yourself and have a fabulous week!

@Mel @Cheerymango

CheeryMango April 12th, 2021

Thank you for this important reminder Tazzie. Please prioritize your well-being and make self care a regular thing while you’re helping out in our subcommunities. Thank you for all that you do! 😁

WelcomeToChat April 13th, 2021

@Tazzie

It also depends on the behavior of your teammates in each SubCommunity.

Just one SubCommunity in which your teammates leave you alone to do all the work can burn you out. There are exquisite virtuosos of playing by the rules to keep their roles (for prestige ?) while dodging any effort at all. As you love the members of your SubCommunity and can't let them down, you overcompensate by doing extra work, thus burnout.

On the contrary, you can participate in many SubCommunities in which each team member is reliable and does their fair share of the work. You experience teamwork, not burnout.

Sunisshiningandsoareyou April 13th, 2021

@Tazzie

Thankyou for the reminder ,Tazzie ! Very important and muchly needed . I hope you're getting enough time for self care too .😊❤

April 14th, 2021

@Tazzie Thanks for the reminder.