Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Good and Bad

JK8287 August 10th, 2021

I am 34 and I'm just wondering what are the best and worst parts about getting older?

faithlove1111 August 19th, 2021

@JK8287 mmmm...... the worst, probably feeling our joints creaking awaycheeky and the best , maybe, the freedom of being able to choose which way we want to head.

lovelyWords13 August 22nd, 2021

@faithlove1111
True sore joints as age

JK8287 OP August 28th, 2021

@faithlove1111

@faithlove1111 oh man that stinks

lovelyWords13 August 22nd, 2021

I think with getting older is the wisdom :) as you learn along the way better ways to manage through experience

@lovelyWords13 i somehow get stupider lol but i do think i am getting more humble and kind which is better than being smart probably lol

lovelyWords13 August 28th, 2021

@JK8287

Yes I still do stupid things as well :) but with a humbled heart haha ;)
what I mean I do feel guilty afterwards , but we live and lets learn from the stupidity

August 30th, 2021

@JK8287

good--greater appreciation of much you just took for granted when younger, more of a realiziaion of how precious life really is, how much more you value people over all materialistic things, how much you appreciate all you can still do and be glad for that, realiziaion if not before of what life is all about, thoughts more focused on what you "really want" to do with the rest of your life and not just live it aimesly or complaining or taking things for granted.

bad--the many increased physical health changes/challenges/inabilities, knowing you will never be able to do the things you choose to not do when younger when you could do them, knowing and realizing you have waisted lots of your life with unimportant things which at the times seemed so important but you did not really know how unimportant they really were "back then", wishing you had listened and had taken advice from those older and realized how important it was what they were trying to get across to you, and much more.

faithlove1111 August 31st, 2021

@BlueBirdPIllow, thank you for sharing. Sometimes, I also think of things i could have done better but i do realise maybe , at that particular time, those were probably the best choice I had at that moment. But then, as i remember these past , i try to make better choices with my intrractions and decisions based on the understanding/knowledge I have gained over the years.