Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

New here, and over 50 by 7

Whereismymind65 November 8th, 2022

Sometimes I find it hard to believe that I'm actually over 50 cuz I still feel like I'm 25 in my mind, although my body begs to differ. Every day there's a new reminder of where I've been how far I've come. It's been 30 years since some of my favorite music came out in the 90s, some of the best times of my life involve music from that time. I find myself thinking about people and places from those years, and wish I could just return there one more time. The look at my 23 year old daughter who was born at the end of the 90s, and wonder at the fact that I created a whole other person, who is now an adult going into what I hope is the best years of her life. I don't let it get me down, I just wonder about it and wonder where all the time went.

November 10th, 2022

@Whereismymind65 The electric cloths dryer. It sets up a vortex like a black hole. It’s a time portal I tell you. If you can find the mysterious missing socks, you’ll find those missing years.

Barltik2065 December 23rd, 2022

@Whereismymind65

Completely understand. Oh the Days of Yore
Have Step children in their early 30's
I hear people talking about their favorite movie and I would say something like "My favorite was the first Star Wars" and their are thinking of the Phantom of the Menace, while I am remembering the New Hope when it came out in the Theater, the first time.
I catch myself from time to time thinking "He must be old" only to find out that this person is like a year younger than me.
I have never desired to be "Young". But I would not mind keeping my appearance, my wisdom, my experiences, but be in the 90s or 80s.