Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Hello

adventurousAcai5628 February 8th, 2022

Hi everyone, my name is James (I go by Jamie). My wife of 25 years just unexpected left me a couple of weeks ago so I’m here like everyone I guess, looking for support. If anyone has been through something similar, I would love to chat. I have so many questions. Thanks…..

halcyonCloud2036 February 8th, 2022

@adventurousAcai5628

Hi Jamie, we are so happy you are here for support. 25 years is a long time and I can't imagine how difficult this is for you.

I also wanted to welcome to our community. Just know that we have so many amazing resources available for you, you are not alone :)

In addition to this forum, I also wanted to share a link with you specifically regarding separation and divorce https://www.7cups.com/forum/RelationshipFriendshipSupport_66/BreakupsDivorce_1031/

I know this is a really complicated and emotional journey that you are starting, but coming here for support was a great start on this new path.

We are here for you ❤️

susanlior February 17th, 2022

Greetings James, Wish you all the very best !!

heretorest February 17th, 2022

@adventurousAcai5628

When I was younger, I had many stepdads. My mom divorced my biological dad when I was still a baby. Every now and then it hurts because as I got older he gave less attention to reaching out to me. He only ever said hi on holidays. Then she married another man and in which didn't last long. But in doing so I had a brother. They divorced too, but I'm happy because I don't remember him at all now. Then she married another guy. All he ever did was sit on the couch and eat chips while playing games. My mother worked day and night. He didn't work. My brother and I had microwave dinners every night. Not once did we ever sit down as a "Family."

Things weren't going my way. I ended up rising my brother for a while. But eventually, they divorced too. and it was for the better.

My mom married one more man and this man was going to be our father for the rest of our lives. We had dinner together and he taught us everything we ever needed to know. He listened when we were sad and he helped with homework. Both my mother and father worked. Brought enough money to the table for a house. Life was better.

Even though 15 years of my life were messed up, I never stopped hoping that one day it would get better, and it did. Sometimes we have to wait for opportunities or people to come to us. And if the thing we need doesn't come to us, we get up out of our seats and we chase after it. Cause eventually, our seat will collapse, then we will need a new one. So go look for your seat. It's ok to sit on the floor for a little bit. As long as you get up and find a chair to sit in, and if that chair is uncomfortable, find another.

It takes time to find the perfect seat but one day you will find one. You will sit down. And you'll think "Man, this is a nice seat (lol)" and maybe just maybe, someone will sit next to you.