Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

No idea how this works

straightforwardLake169 July 8th, 2023

hi! I will be 55 in about six weeks. I’m not too worried about it. Hitting 50 was a game changer for me and not really in a good way. I’m was kind of a cliché because I had a midlife crisis then. Made some not great choices, but that led me to focusing on a better way and taking better care of myself. I am diagnosed with depression and since I am a female person, I am also getting to enjoy all the wonderful things about menopause. Thanks for reading/listening.

YourCaringConfidant July 8th, 2023

@straightforwardLake169 Welcome to 7cups. I'm Desiree and I am part of the Welcome Committee. So now that you are here on the platform, I hope you give it a chance and take a look around. We have chat rooms and the forums you can explore. And if you ever are going through something, you can chat 1-1 with an available listener who can offer support. Listeners cannot give advice but they are wonderful to seek out should you need some support. They are there to listen. I'm glad you are here and hope you find 7cups helpful to you.

PS: We all make some not so good choices in life. The key is to just learn from them and from reading your post, it seems you have done that. I'm proud of you. ♡

LostTurtle2 July 10th, 2023

Welcome! Menopause, andropause, depression, anxiety, grieving. We got it all. You either take it and enjoy the rest of the life or look at the half empty part and be miserable forever. It's your choice. I wish you the best.

SweetheartLuffy July 24th, 2023

@straightforwardLake169 Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experiences with such openness and honesty. Life's journey is filled with ups and downs, and each phase brings its unique challenges and opportunities for growth.

Hitting the milestone of 50 can indeed be a significant turning point for many individuals. It's a time when we may reflect on our lives, reassess our priorities, and sometimes face unexpected challenges. A midlife crisis, while challenging, can also be a catalyst for positive change, leading us to reevaluate our choices and embrace a path of self-improvement and self-care.

As you approach your 55th birthday, it's wonderful to hear that you're not overly worried about it. Age is just a number, and it's the experiences and wisdom gained along the way that truly define us. Embracing each new chapter with grace and resilience is a testament to your strength.

Navigating depression and menopause simultaneously can be demanding, both emotionally and physically. However, it's essential to remember that you are not defined by these challenges; they are just parts of the whole person you are. Seeking support, whether through therapy, medication, or even engaging in self-care practices, can help you find the strength to face these challenges and maintain a sense of balance and well-being.

Remember, you have a community here that cares and listens. Whenever you need to talk, share, or seek understanding, we're here to lend a compassionate ear. You're not alone in your journey, and together, we can navigate life's intricacies with support and empathy.

As you embrace this new phase of your life, may you find joy, fulfillment, and a deep sense of self-love. Cherish the wisdom you've gained and the strength you've developed through your experiences. And always remember, you are deserving of love, care, and happiness.