Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Never Again

Gettingbettertoday August 28th

I am helping interview people for a position in my department. Its just a team asking a bunch of standardized questions that we have been given.

What I realized is that I could never get a job were I work now. I could not pass the application portion let alone the interview and background check. 

This will be the last job i ever have. 

Gettingbettertoday OP September 1st

@OhCowgirl

I just reached my 25th year. 

2882 September 1st

Hi, I have a question you say you've been in your job for 25 yrs. So my question is how, how have you dealt with Challenges such as hitting a road blocks ( the feeling of having the same conversation 20 times in a row and getting no where )with management or higher?

TruthSeeker2 September 2nd

@Gettingbettertoday I think interviews are really different depends on the employer, you'll handle whatever comes your way even if things go south. Also the more you stay with a company the harder it is to get laid off, because you become an expert in how things work, 25 years are a lot of years, very hard to replace. Interviews suck, a skill of its own and they vary drastically from one company to another, its hard even for me to decided which way to look to sharpen the skills needed.

I'm in a kinda similar situation but around 15 years in my field, and feeling very rusty, jobless and in the last 2 years after sending a decent amount of applications on and off, made 2 interviews one rejected, and one passed, but I ended up quitting and trying not to bash myself too hard :D, collect some energy for searching an applying again.