Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Does any young lady not have a Mom that needs one to chat with?

bestEast2648 June 19th, 2021

I have only Sons. Would love to chat and help give advice if I can. God bless.

bestEast2648 OP June 19th, 2021

I guess this is the wrong site being over the age of 50!!! Lol

peacefulIris56 June 19th, 2021

@bestEast2648 I don't think that this is the wrong site for being over the age of 50. It's just how you titled your previous post. Younger people shy away from that kind of request.

bestEast2648 OP June 19th, 2021

I realized it was the over age 50 group. I do know actually a girl who has lost her Mom and would love to have someone to chat with. I can never replace a Mom but there are some young girls who would share. Thanks for your response.

peacefulIris56 June 19th, 2021

@bestEast2648 You're welcome. I agree that there are many young people that have gone thorough grief and that are currently going through grief. I'm happy to hear that younger people are opening and sharing. It's really hard for them to do so with people older than them because of generational differences.

oceanwaves508 June 21st, 2021

I think this is a beautiful thing to say @besteast2648 I’m 35 - honestly just peeping my head in this area thinking what can I learn from the older generation. I would suggest popping into your “neighbours” forums and group chats every now and then to offer advice (e.g 30/40 forums). We all have our strengths/experience in one area and our struggles in another. On behalf of the younger generation you’re bound to help - thanks in advance.

peacefulIris56 June 21st, 2021

@oceanwaves508 I like it how you are looking at this. What you mentioned is very helpful.

peacefulIris56 July 7th, 2021

@lightBunny637

I'm really sorry to hear that. The loss of a mother is never easy to experience. I'm glad that you have the courage and strength to reach out about this. Grieving the loss of a parent is oftentimes a very lonely experience that many people go through. It helps to talk about this. Thsnk you for sharing.