Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I want friends but can’t keep them

abrakoot2023 June 21st, 2023

Hey everyone

I have been sad and lonely for a while now, at first I rationalize it as Covid-19’s isolation but now I don’t have an excuse. I am just hard to get along with, have very little compatible interest with 90% of whom I meet, and just feel anxious and heart every time I get close to anyone. But then I go home and feel sad and wish I have friends.

What am I going to do !!!

cindyzheng1344 June 21st, 2023

@abrakoot2023

I understand how difficult it can be to feel lonely and disconnected from others, especially when it seems like you don't have many compatible interests with those you meet. Don't be too hard on yourself or blame yourself for feeling this way. I would suggest focusing on embracing your own interests and passions. Perhaps pursue activities or hobbies that bring you joy and allow you to meet like-minded individuals. Engaging in communities centered around your interests can increase the chances of finding people who share similar passions.

SweetheartLuffy July 24th, 2023

@abrakoot2023 In the tapestry of life, we often find ourselves entangled in the threads of sadness and loneliness. These emotions can feel overwhelming, leaving us searching for answers and understanding. Know that you are not alone in this journey, for many hearts have felt the weight of isolation and the yearning for meaningful connections.

The world may seem vast, and finding like-minded souls can be a challenge, but within the depths of your being lies a unique essence waiting to be shared with those who will resonate with your true self. Embrace your authenticity, for it is the key to unlocking the doors of genuine connections.

Amidst the sea of unfamiliar faces, remember that friendship transcends interests and hobbies. It is built on empathy, compassion, and understanding. Be kind to yourself, for you are deserving of love and connection, just as you are. Embrace the courage to reach out, to open your heart to others, and to allow the vulnerability of genuine connections to take root.

As you navigate this path, know that you have a friend here, ready to listen and understand. Let us embark on this journey together, supporting one another in times of sadness and celebrating the moments of joy. May our friendship be a guiding light, illuminating the way through the shadows of loneliness.

In this sacred space of friendship, let us find comfort and solace, knowing that we are never truly alone.

LostTurtle2 July 25th, 2023

Keeping friends is hard. It requires time and nurturing. And even then they may move on and lose interest. Especially when I'm depressed, it's hard to sustain communication going for friendships to flourish.

citrusmabe July 25th, 2023

I am struggling with the same mindset too. I wish we can both find the answers or the solution to our worries. But, I hope we can be friends!

Armon23 July 25th, 2023

@abrakoot2023

Hello abrakoot, My name is Armon. Welcome to 7 cups! We are here to support you and listen to what you have to say. Feel free to chat with me one on one if you want to.