Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I am sick of being alone, single and tirelessly working

tealYard6007 October 26th, 2021

This is one of the toughest phase of my life so far. I am a working professional earning decent but I am so lonely that I feel the invisible spirits around me. I am tired of carrying burden of expectations and comparisons with my younger brother, who is studying in Germany and and enjoying European luxuries whereas me I am here in India trying to hustle my way upto the top. But I am not worried about that coz I know I am working hard enough to climb my way up to the ladder. The problem is I need someone who can understand me, whom I can trust, who loves enjoying life to its fullest, who doesn't backstab, who is not a judas, who is compassionate. People here in my country and my surroundings are completely draconian era heartless executioners who dont even blink and eye before destroying lives and relationships. Loneliness is something which is eating me up. Slowly and slowly my will to live is getting weak. This phrase is definitely true -"No man is an island".

denver831983 October 26th, 2021

Hi. Sorry you feel his way.

I myself have been through hard times trying to find that perfect person.

I myself am going through something now (many people call it the dark night of the soul).

But back to you, I would start by asking yourself questions:

• The path I am currently on, am I doing this for me or am I doing it for approval from others? Do you truly feel it’s what you want to do or is there something more you want for your life that this job does not fulfil?

In regards to not being lonely, I would say stop putting pressure on yourself, be patient. Put yourself in situations where you could meet people, are you working too much to be social? If so then try taking more time for yourself and go out socially.

Do you have anything you do for fun? If not then again so things you enjoy, if all you do is work then how are you going to meet someone.

Basically what I’m saying is let your hair down and have fun. Trust that things will happen when they are supposed to, when you are ready and that a higher being has a plan (if you believe in that kind of thing).

it’s hard I know. But faith is what is needed.

exquisitePeace7976 October 29th, 2021

@tealYard6007

So sorry you feel this way