Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Feeling Hopeless

unassumingLion7292 December 29th, 2020

Dr called today, denied to the Bariatric program due to mental health. My mental health is what is causing obesity. Feels like a catch-22. She suggested a drug, but after researching it and checking with my insurance, they don't cover it. And it's expensive. I've been crying all morning. At least I haven't binged. I need help with weight loss. I can't do it on my own. I keep trying and failing and trying and failing. My liver enzymes keep going up up up up!

Thanks for even reading this.

ouiCherie January 10th, 2021

@unassumingLion7292

Sounds frustrating and feeling hopeless is very understandable.

Mental health issue causing uncontrollable weight gain and the weight gained adding mental health issue. It's like vicious cycle indeed. Hugs

How are you going to cut the cycle? and which issue you are more ready to tackle first?

You can do this ๐Ÿ’™ we're all here to support each other - ๐Ÿ€

bipolarcancersurvivor March 4th, 2021

I gained 66 lbs from my bipolar meds although I pretend the weight gain is from my anti breast cancer meds to family members who keep on bugging me about my weight ( it doesn't help my inconsiderate sister keeps on wondering out loud what I am eating). Began getting glutathione IV to try to bring down my liver enzymes and so far with decreased food intake, losing a bit of weight, it seems to have brought it down within normal range after a few months.