Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What's your Nostalgic Memory?

EmpatheticRabbit September 29th, 2021

Time has a way of catching up with us. One minute we're carefree young playing with our toys and watching our favorite shows and movies. Now, we are faced with the reality of what adulthood brings to our lives; bills, stress, kids, cooking,etc. However, for a brief moment I saw a glimpse of something from my childhood that reminded me of something that is missing from today, I saw Mister Rogers Neighborhood.

Thought it will be interesting to discuss what nostalgic moment (film, toy, show,etc.) do you remember fondly?

BlueDarkAurora September 29th, 2021

@EmpatheticRabbit I love this post *-*<3 Nostalgia is such a weird feeling like it makes you feel so warm and full inside but empty too, there's something that feels so close but is so out of reach :,) <3 I am sure many of us get the nostalgic feels from tv shows we used to watch as kids^^ For me it is Courage the cowardly dog. I would wake up so early just to watch it during my vacations. The other thing is winter, I love winter mornings. ^--^ Thanks for such lovely post<3

EmpatheticRabbit OP September 29th, 2021

Thank you for the kind words. Thought this topic will be a nice break from the stress of life and allow everyone to think about to a moment that was calming and joyful. I also was and still a fan of courage the cowardly dog 🐕. Have a good day.

BlueDarkAurora September 30th, 2021

@EmpatheticRabbit It is <3 ^-^ and yay glad to find another fan! Thanks and you too. <3

GlassCoffin October 10th, 2021

There's a song by an artist I enjoy (Underwater Sun by Sidewalks and Skeletons) that has tones in it that reminds me of the freedom I felt as a child having my first bicycle.

It was the nineties so I could go pretty much anywhere my feet could pedal me, as long as I was home by dinner and subsequently if I went out after dinner, then home before the streetlights turned on.

Having a bicycle meant I could get far away, and for many hours at a time, from the abuse at home. So, every time I hear that song I picture myself riding through empty streets and finding new places to hide and just be myself.

EmpatheticRabbit OP October 10th, 2021

@Glass Coffin, thank you for sharing that experience. Hope you're still able to go bike riding from time to time or will continue to listen that song. Sounds like the freedom and the cool air from bike riding are memories that bring a positive light during the hardest times.

HealingSun5973 October 11th, 2021

Hi! I always get taken back to being a kid when I see all the reboots of shows that are being done today, like Save by the Bell, Fuller House, etc. Listening to Backstreet Boys and older Britney Spears songs also take me back to when I was in middle school.