Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Question about adults with braces (teeth)

ReadBooks7 June 7th, 2023

Hi, I'm new to this community but not to Cups. I'm considering getting braces or Invisalign for my teeth (I never knew this could happen, but apparently teeth and the jawline can shift quite a bit sometimes as people get older). I'm not asking for advice, but I would like to know if anyone has any experience with getting braces a bit later in life, if it helped, how often you still wear a retainer, if it hurts, etc. I figure it might help me make a decision if I hear about others' experiences. Thank you so much!

June 7th, 2023

@ReadBooks7 stick to braces, it is not as bad as you think. Just put on a face mask on , if you are too conscious about it. Also its cheaper

ReadBooks7 OP June 7th, 2023

@MouseVictorious thank you. Did you need to wear a retainer after, and if so, for how long?

June 7th, 2023

@ReadBooks7 yeah i was wearing a hawley retainer for 1.5 years continuously. Now i just wear em for the night while sleeping. Retaine wearing is compulsory to set the tooth in place

ReadBooks7 OP June 7th, 2023

@MouseVictorious thank you so much for the info. It helps me a lot as I am going to be deciding.