Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

How do you keep going?

Plumbob740 August 8th, 2022

Sometimes I like to think about Dory from Finding Nemo. Just keep swimming. It is honestly hard being in an environment I cannot escape from. It feels like I am suffocating, drowning at best.. I have looked at my options numerous of times. Finding a place of my own is hard in my income bracket. Waiting lists are a year long. So I am looking at another year from now. A family member took me off a waiting list so I could have been out this year. There isn't any help out there for people who have to deal with verbal and mental abuse from family. I have zero friends. I don't want any either. It is for their safety since I am being hunted down or stalked. I am in a hard place. Providers are on my families side. From them telling employers that I have mental health issues to those employers bullying me out the door. I cannot escape. I cannot get the help I need because those providers employer is the only place you can get help from. My family and those providers talk without a release of information. How you say? Well lesson learned. Never ever work for that company those providers work for. I was stupid into thinking that they were going to be understanding of mental health issues and disorders. Just don't do it. I asked for accommodations and was told no. Had a mental health break on the job. All because I was overwhelmed, over stimulated and going through a sensory overload. You think that with cleaning that you don't talk with people at all or just a few every now and then. That is a lie. Every cleaning job you have to have the most perfect communication skills even if it isn't your forte.

With my stress level being high, being overstimulated overwhelmed, sensory overload with no chance of a break. Have no privacy because both your family and your providers love overstepping your boundaries. Like reading your emails, over analyzing your art work, reading your journals. I now have to ask if it is okay with them to breathe. Oh don't forget the paid friends(ex coworkers)that they had me try to get to know and talk too. You cannot forget about that one.

Where do I go from here? What do I do? If I switch providers, my family will do whatever it takes to get those providers talking. My sister in law had me sign a blank release of information right after my car accident and now has multiple copies at her leisure.

How do I run for the hills?

Happy900 August 10th, 2022

@Plumbob740 Instead of running to the hills, how about you maybe talk to a listener here at 7cups.

They can listen to you, offer you support and an listening ear/eye.

I hope this helps.

Side note: Every listener has been trained to offer emotional support. Just wanted to point that out.

toughTiger6481 August 13th, 2022

is there away to revoke the release you signed?

depending on where you are their should be recourse in making providers not talk with family.... again it might take you revoking a release.

finding a listener here might be a good answer since they most likely do not know you are here. this is a example of why some do not seek or get the help they need because they are afraid it is not confidential.