Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Checking in… I’m okay but not okay sometimes

GettingBack2Mi January 10th, 2022

N I guess that is okay. I tend to do a lot for everyone and here lately people are taking advantage and I notice that. Last night I actually spoke up for myself and it felt good but now I also feel bad for it. I can stand up for others with no problem but I feel bad when I do it for myself. I’m working on this.

globalBraid3744 January 11th, 2022

@GettingBack2Mi

I feel you! I have always been doing things to please others and never looked at what I truly wanted. I am also working on this at the moment. I think it is important to make yourself first because people who love you will eventually be happy when they see you happy. Be careful not to burn out and try not to feel bad for standing for yourself, it is the right thing to do.

Verabear8 January 11th, 2022

For myself, a lot of my anxiety and depression stems from not being my own champion and sticking up for myself (also known as not having clear solid boundaries) Since I found out what they were (haha that was a fun therapy session!) it’s still hard even after 6 years of working at it. I’ve been where you are and feeling bad about it, if you keep working at it that voice will get quieter! It’s awesome to have another friend in the same boat! You’re doing great keep up the honorable work, Champion!