Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

just need advice on what to do with father of my child.

katemarieeex3 April 28th

i’ve been living with the father of my child and his parents since i gave birth which was about 6 months ago and, about a month ago i was kicked out. i was told that i wasn’t helping around the house and i putting a lot of stress on him. and recently he said he only kicked me out because he had to do things on his own and he worked better by doing so.  um im just not sure if this is valid enough to keep him in my life. or if im at fault here cause i can admit i did not help around the house as much but again i didn’t have much help over there since he was mostly at the gym almost every day 

Hi 👋 ❤

I don't think he should stay in your life. If he wasn't contributing that's not fair it takes both people to help. ❤

You deserve a partner who will help you in return not just expect you to handle it all. Hope that helps I hope I don't come off rude. 😭

hit151 May 2nd

@katemarieeex3

I am sorry you are in this situation it has to be very hard. It is a very difficult to have a baby and then to have no commitment from the father to you and it sounds like to his child. Hopefully he is supporting the child financially but if not you should look into legal means to make sure he does. However, even though you may get advice and even feel like you don't want the father in your child's life, the child will grow and mature much better if you leave the door open for the father to be actively engaged in your child's life.  There are numerous statistics and studies that show children flourish more when they have both parents in their life. Doesn't mean your child can't have a good life if the father isn't involved, they can, but they need the love of their father as much as they need yours.  You may need boundaries with the father but I would keep him in your life (in an non intimate way) to encourage the bond between father and child. Unless of course he is a threat to you or your child safety.  I pray that helps.