Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Safe Internet Pledge

MonBon January 29th, 2016

February 9th is Safer Internet Day! Help keep 7 cups (and the internet) a safe space by pledging below:

I pledge not to shout at people by using all capital letters or aggressive language. This can make people feel bad or uncomfortable, and I am here to support and uplift the community.

I pledge not to plagiarize - people should be recognized for their work on original content.

I pledge not to gossip about others or reveal personal information. I will create and sustain a positive environment when communicating with my peers.

I will refrain from cursing in the chatrooms, on the feed, and in the forums as it can make others uncomfortable and make others take me less seriously.

I will be patient with those new to this site or the internet in general. We all had to learn somehow and I can do my part by being patient and kind.

I will not spam the chatrooms, feed, or forums as this can clog up the posts and prevent people from getting the support that they deserve.

I will not connect with people offsite, as this can be harmful to myself and others.

I will do my part to help keep 7 cups and elsewhere on the internet a safe place for users.

(Keeping in line with not plagiarising, credit for many of these pledges must be given to Kim Tranter on this site)

FH:92

MidniteAngel January 29th, 2016

Let's make the Internet safer <3

I pledge not to shout at people by using all capital letters or aggressive language. This can make people feel bad or uncomfortable, and I am here to support and uplift the community.

I pledge not to plagiarize - people should be recognized for their work on original content.

I pledge not to gossip about others or reveal personal information. I will create and sustain a positive environment when communicating with my peers.

I will refrain from cursing in the chatrooms, on the feed, and in the forums as it can make others uncomfortable and make others take me less seriously.

I will be patient with those new to this site or the internet in general. We all had to learn somehow and I can do my part by being patient and kind.

I will not spam the chatrooms, feed, or forums as this can clog up the posts and prevent people from getting the support that they deserve.

I will not connect with people offsite, as this can be harmful to myself and others.

I will do my part to help keep 7 cups and elsewhere on the internet a safe place for users.

(Credit to Kim Tranter on this site)

cristiana33 January 29th, 2016

Great idea!

I, cristiana33,

Name: cristiana33

Date: 01/29/2016

(Credits go to Kim Tranter on this site)

Lyra January 29th, 2016

My Safe Internet Pledge

I pledge not to shout at people by using all capital letters or aggressive language, as it can seem like shouting, at make some feel uncomfortable

I pledge not to plagiarise - people should be recognised for their work on original content.

I will not connect with people offsite, as this can be harmful to myself and others, and detract from my goals here.

Signed: Lyra

Date: 29/01/15

Source (X)

Beautifulnightmare16 February 9th, 2016

✩I pledge not to shout at people by using all capital letters or aggressive language. This can make people feel bad or uncomfortable, and I am here to support and uplift the community.

✩I pledge not to plagiarize - people should be recognized for their work on original content.

✩I pledge not to gossip about others or reveal personal information. I will create and sustain a positive environment when communicating with my peers.

✩I will refrain from cursing in the chatrooms, on the feed, and in the forums as it can make others uncomfortable and make others take me less seriously.

✩I will be patient with those new to this site or the internet in general. We all had to learn somehow and I can do my part by being patient and kind.

✩I will not spam the chatrooms, feed, or forums as this can clog up the posts and prevent people from getting the support that they deserve.

✩I will not connect with people offsite, as this can be harmful to myself and others.

Sallydoll February 9th, 2016

I Sallydoll,

✩pledge not to shout at people by using all capital letters or aggressive language. This can make people feel bad or uncomfortable, and I am here to support and uplift the community.

✩I pledge not to plagiarize - people should be recognized for their work on original content.

✩I pledge not to gossip about others or reveal personal information. I will create and sustain a positive environment when communicating with my peers.

✩I will refrain from cursing in the chatrooms, on the feed, and in the forums as it can make others uncomfortable and make others take me less seriously.

✩I will be patient with those new to this site or the internet in general. We all had to learn somehow and I can do my part by being patient and kind.

✩I will not spam the chatrooms, feed, or forums as this can clog up the posts and prevent people from getting the support that they deserve.

✩I will not connect with people offsite, as this can be harmful to myself and others.

-credit to http://www.uticaod.com/article/20120907/blogs/309079938-

blissfulWaterfall17 February 9th, 2016

My Safe Internet Pledge

Keola February 9th, 2016

I, Kismet237,

✩I pledge not to shout at people by using all capital letters or aggressive language. This can make people feel bad or uncomfortable, and I am here to support and uplift the community.

✩I will do my part to help keep 7 cups and elsewhere on the internet a safe place for users.✩

Kuvira14 February 9th, 2016

✩I, Kuvira14:

Pledge not to shout at people by using all capital letters or aggressive language. This can make people feel bad or uncomfortable, and I am here to support and uplift the community.

Credit given to Kim Tranter on this site

February 9th, 2016

✩I will do my part to help keep 7 cups and elsewhere on the internet a safe place for users.✩

Credit goes to Kim Tranter

Celaeno February 9th, 2016

I, Celaeno pledge that:

ih0pe February 9th, 2016

I pledge not to shout at people by using all capital letters or aggressive language . This can make people feel bad or uncomfortable , and I am here to support and uplift the community .

I pledge not to plagiarize - people should be recognized for their work on original content .

I pledge not to gossip about others or reveal personal information . I will create and sustain a positive environment when communicating with my peers .

I will refrain from cursing in the chatrooms , on the feed , and in the forums as it can make others uncomfortable and make others take me less seriously .

I will be patient with those new to this site or the internet in general . We all had to learn somehow and I can do my part by being patient and kind .

I will not spam the chatrooms , feed , or forums as this can clog up the posts and prevent people from getting the support that they deserve .

I will not connect with people offsite , as this can be harmful to myself and others .

I will do my part to help keep 7 cups and elsewhere on the internet a safe place for users site

( keeping in line with not plagiarising , credit for many of these pledges must be given to kim Tranter )

Laura February 9th, 2016

I LAURA pledge not to shout at people by using all capital letters or aggressive language. This can make people feel bad or uncomfortable, and I am here to support and uplift the community.

LAURA

QuietPastelRain February 9th, 2016

AriesOx1 February 9th, 2016

I, too, AriesOx1, pledge all of the above.#SID

Emily619 February 9th, 2016

I will refrain from cursing in the chat rooms, on the feed, and in the forums as it can make others uncomfortable and make others take me less seriously.

I will be patient with those new to this site or the Internet in general. We all had to learn somehow and I can do my part by being patient and kind.

I will not spam the chat rooms, feed, or forums as this can clog up the posts and prevent people from getting the support that they deserve.

I will do my part to help keep 7 Cups of Tea and elsewhere on the Internet a safe place for users.

Emily619 February 9th, 2016

*credits go to Tim Kanter

Frankie February 9th, 2016

My Safe Internet Pledge

✔ I pledge not to shout at people by using all capital letters or aggressive language, as it can seem like shouting, at make some feel uncomfortable

✔ I pledge not to plagiarise - people should be recognised for their work on original content.

✔ I pledge not to gossip about others or reveal personal information. I will create and sustain a positive environment when communicating with my peers.

✔ I will refrain from cursing in the chatrooms, on the feed, and in the forums as it can make others uncomfortable and make others take me less seriously.

✔ I will be patient with those new to this site or the internet in general. We all had to learn somehow and I can do my part by being patient and kind.

✔ I will not spam the chatrooms, feed, or forums as this can clog up the posts and prevent people from getting the support that they deserve.

✔ I will not connect with people offsite, as this can be harmful to myself and others, and detract from my goals here.

✔ I will do my part to help keep 7 cups and elsewhere on the internet a safe place for users.

Signed: Charli

Date: February 2nd 2016

Source (X)

ShyMap840 February 9th, 2016

ShyMap840 February 9th, 2016

Credited to Kim trender on this site

February 10th, 2016

One time I was asking for help and I never got that help and some people were kind of rude to me. Seeing as though it is mention on here I want to ask. Is it a rule not to use capital letters. What if you are excited or happy and want to express yourself. I was told that a moderator can not warn you from using capital letters. Now this person was a listener so I am just wondering if anyone can give me honest clarification on this.

MonBon OP February 10th, 2016

@Fear333

This is not an official chatroom rule :) I made this pledge based on what is considered proper internet etiquette ^^ My sources consisted of the 7 cups terms of service and the site that I linked to at the bottom of my pledge.

February 10th, 2016

@MonBonMonBon OK

MsJessica55 February 11th, 2016

Thank you so much for making out this pledge so it can be copied out and put next to my computer so that at times when I am over tired or personally frustrated with what is going on in my own life, that I will continue to maintain a pleasant, empathetic outlook towards those I have contact with both on 7 Cups and in real life. The best part about this site, other than being able to help so many other people, is the ability to constantly be aware of our ourselves and have help when necessary tweaks need to be made. Becoming so self-aware can be life changing.

Thank you again for writing the pledge. smiley

MonBon OP February 11th, 2016

@MsJessica55

I completely agree about being self-aware! I never would have thought about printing this off and putting it next to my desktop so that I can remember what I truly pledged during the harder time. What an awesome idea :)

rebel11 February 18th, 2016

MonBon, it's great, on the whole most Members follow site Guidelines, but when a racist post is visible in most of the chat rooms all day, it doesn't say a lot about the site, the Rules etc.

March 31st, 2016

// Signed: alexlove //

Sventek April 29th, 2016

Let's make the Internet safer!

(Credit to Kim Tranter on this site) - Thanks Kim!

TheSeer June 2nd, 2016

I, TheSeer,

Name: TheSeer

Date: 06/01/2016

TheBen June 4th, 2016

-Fruityvision52

June 7th, 2016

GreatMoss June 8th, 2016

These are all brilliant for etiquitte! :)

Signed: GreatMoss

LilyGalilea June 9th, 2016

My Safe Internet Pledge

-I pledge not to shout at people by using all capital letters or aggressive language, as it can seem like shouting, at make some feel uncomfortable.
-I pledge not to plagiarise - people should be recognised for their work on original content.
-I pledge not to gossip about others or reveal personal information. I will create and sustain a positive environment when communicating with my peers.
-I will refrain from cursing in the chatrooms, on the feed, and in the forums as it can make others uncomfortable and make others take me less seriously.
-I will be patient with those new to this site or the internet in general. We all had to learn somehow and I can do my part by being patient and kind.
-I will not spam the chatrooms, feed, or forums as this can clog up the posts and prevent people from getting the support that they deserve.
-I will not connect with people offsite, as this can be harmful to myself and others, and detract from my goals here.
-I will do my part to help keep 7 cups and elsewhere on the internet a safe place for users.

Signed: LilyGalilea
Date: 09/06/16
Source (Credits to Kim Tranter)

QuietMuse June 9th, 2016

I, QuietMuse, pledge not to shout at people by using all capital letters or aggressive language. This can make people feel bad or uncomfortable, and I am here to support and uplift the community.

✩I will do my part to help keep 7 cups and elsewhere on the internet a safe place for users.

BreatheEasy247 July 19th, 2016

GrinningGoddess August 14th, 2016

@BreatheEasy247 This is a good post!

KnittedPenguin25 August 17th, 2016

~ I pledge not to shout at people by using all capital letters or aggressive language. This can make people feel bad or uncomfortable, and I am here to support and uplift the community.

~ I pledge not to plagiarize - people should be recognized for their work on original content.

~ I pledge not to gossip about others or reveal personal information. I will create and sustain a positive environment when communicating with my peers.

~ I will refrain from cursing in the chatrooms, on the feed, and in the forums as it can make others uncomfortable and make others take me less seriously.

~ I will be patient with those new to this site or the internet in general. We all had to learn somehow and I can do my part by being patient and kind.

~ I will not spam the chatrooms, feed, or forums as this can clog up the posts and prevent people from getting the support that they deserve.

~ I will not connect with people offsite, as this can be harmful to myself and others.

~ I will do my part to help keep 7 cups and elsewhere on the internet a safe place for users. ~

Signed,

KnittedPenguin25

confidentApple69 August 17th, 2016

I know it's not safer internet day anymore, but I really like this pledge. So on 17th August 2016, I confidentApple69:

pledge not to shout at people by using all capital letters or aggressive language. I know that this can make people feel bad or uncomfortable, and I am here to support and uplift the community.

pledge not to plagiarize. I agree that people should be recognized for their work on original content.

pledge not to gossip about others or reveal personal information. I will create and sustain a positive environment when communicating with my peers.

❤pledge to refrain from cursing in the chatrooms, on the feed, and in the forums. I know this can make others uncomfortable and make others take me less seriously.

pledge to be patient with those new to this site (including myself) or the internet in general. We all had to learn somehow and I can do my part by being patient and kind. Even the most experienced listener here was new once, and through practise and patience I can improve my skills the same as they did.

❤ pledge not to spam the chatrooms, feed, or forums. I understand that this can clog up the posts and prevent people from getting the support that they deserve.

❤pledge not to connect with people offsite. I know that this can be harmful to myself and others. This includes sharing social media handles or connecting with anyone via handles they have shared.

pledge to do my part to help keep 7 cups and elsewhere on the internet a safe place for users.

signed by confidentApple69 on 17th August 2016

Excuse the colours/bold text. I am on a touchscreen and changing these is impossible :-)

MonBon OP October 10th, 2016

@confidentApple69

Super delayed MonBon powers activate! Would you like me to change the color scheme of your post for you?

confidentApple69 November 3rd, 2016

@MonBon If you'd still be willing, that would be great thanks

MonBon OP November 4th, 2016

@confidentApple69

Sure :) what do you want it to look like roughly? Any particular colors or whatever?