Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Shiny, New Member Badges!

Heather February 8th, 2016

They're here!

You may have noticed some colourful new badges appearing beside member names in the chat rooms. These are to honour and highlight your contributions and experience in the support rooms. Congratulations to everyone who has one already! :)

Here's how you earn them:

Supportive Smile
Group Chats - 50
Compassion Hearts - 150

Friendly Face
Group Chats - 100
Compassion Hearts - 300

Helping Hand
Group Chats - 200
Compassion Hearts - 600

Wise One
Group Chats - 500
Compassion Hearts - 1500

Enjoy! :)

easyCucumber9508 February 8th, 2016

@Heather

I just got helping hands :)

JustATearDropAway February 8th, 2016

@easyCucumber9508 Me too! I got supportive Smile, and Friendly Face!

GlueBot February 8th, 2016

@easyCucumber9508 HE'S GOT HANDS! WE'VE ALL GOT HANDS!

Frankie February 9th, 2016

@GlueBot @JustATearDropAway @EasyCucumber9508

Well done guys, so happy for you!<3

JustATearDropAway February 9th, 2016

@Charli Thank you so much xx

PinkDahlia22 February 8th, 2016

@Heather

Yay I earned wise one badge :) hehe! Never knew I attended over 500 group chats :o

frothyDaisy70 February 8th, 2016

@JoyIntoDarkness. thats great

@JoyIntoDarkness

Well done!<3

LunatikChik February 9th, 2016

@Heather How do you earn compassion hearts?

Moj February 9th, 2016

@LunatikChik when you say something kind or supportive in the group support rooms, or when talking with a listener someone might "heart" you...when you see a red heart appear beside your comment...those are the compassion hearts.

rebel11 February 8th, 2016

Yay, I've just joined 'The Groovy Gang!!' laugh

Frankie February 10th, 2016

@rebel11

Yay! <3

Kaylee February 8th, 2016

It's really cool that that members now have badges too. It'll make them feel less left out. Everyone here does a lot of good to the community. I love this! Thanks @Heather. :)

(btw I've seen someone with two badges, is that supposed to happen or is it supposed to upgrade or something. Oh and can you PM me? :) )

@Kaylee Am I the one, with 2 badges? xD

@JustATearDropAway

Lol maddi yasss gurlll I was speaking of you *flips hair*

@Kaylee I feel kinda honored, to be the only member with 2 badges *Flips Hair, that barely exists*

KrinkTheMellowUnicorn February 8th, 2016

@Kaylee - yes, @heather and the community team have been pushing this for a long time and the mean old product manager and programmers finally stopped putting it off :)

@KrinkTheMellowUnicorn Nice. But members are able to lead discussions now? It's nice but people have been abusing ever since the badges came out haha. It's annoying. You might wanna check the discussion monitors and fix ittt pleaseee and thank you XD XD :D

CaringBrit February 9th, 2016

@Kaylee my exact thoughts its amazing

niceMap6412 February 8th, 2016

i don't like this , it's very complicated tbh , can u chang it back like it was before please

@niceMap6412

What makes it complicated lovely?<3

SimonTheGr8 February 8th, 2016

My nickname at Primary School was 'Wisdom/Wise Guy' so I guess the 'Wise One' badge fits me nicely! XD

SuddenlyWaffles February 8th, 2016

Love the new badges, looks really nice. smiley

MissZ February 8th, 2016

I love this so much! All the awesome and supportive members in the group support rooms are finally getting some recognition!

HopeSolo February 8th, 2016

now is even harder to follow a conversation because the chat room looks extremely disorganized. There's too much info displayed there and you can't really focus one one thing at the time. Not a good update.

rebel11 February 8th, 2016

@HopeSolo

Resizing the chat might help, give it a go!!

HopeSolo February 8th, 2016

@rebel11 it looks really messy.... and I don't know how that's helpful or supportive to everyone but whatever....

Carbie February 8th, 2016

i dont want these badges.... please take any away i have... otherwise i wil make another account... if you're so dead set on people not making multiple accounts then please respect my wishes here... otherwise i will spam the forum until its done... if i need toi seek another form of action, i can do that too... and thanks

KrinkTheMellowUnicorn February 8th, 2016

@Carbie - making threats is no way to proceed, even if you don't like a change.

How about taking the time to explain what it is that concerns you, so that we can possibly find an agreeable accommodation, before immediately going into threat mode?

cc @heather

Carbie February 9th, 2016

@KrinkTheMellowUnicorn i just dont like them... whatever purpose they serve or reflect the person as, i am none of it... i promise not to spam the forum or create another account... now can we come to a resonable solution?

KrinkTheMellowUnicorn February 9th, 2016

@Carbie - OK, I hear that you don't like them. You don't relate to them.

You also don't want anyone else to have badges. Can you tell me why?

(And just so you don't think I'm stallling -- I'm trying to get a sense of whether we might want to let people not show their own badges if they don't want to, or maybe a way to turn off viewing all badges in chat, as a setting-- if we are going to solve anything I need to understand the nature of the problem.)

Carbie February 9th, 2016

@KrinkTheMellowUnicorn i dont care if anyone else has them, to each their own... for me personally i dont prefer them... so i am not trying to punish others who would like to share them... be as it may, id like very much not to be included in this event... thanks sad

olive3 February 8th, 2016

love this new system it's really cool

olive3 February 8th, 2016

maybe for the people who don't like the new function they have the choice of deactivating the appearance of the badges in chatrooms?

i believe most people love it though

February 8th, 2016

These badges are a good idea but are driving me insane. It looks like we just have a bunch of mods and the helping hand one has had inappropriate conversations in the group rooms and it's way too bright D: good idea overall I suppose.

proactiveTiger3409 February 8th, 2016

As with all the other step-wise badges, shouldn't we receive supportive smile, friendly face, and helping hand if we qualify for wise one? I take pride in earning badges. The other stepwise badges do not skip badges (for instance, first compassion heart badge remains there even after you earn a badge for additional compassion hearts).

Supportive Smile
Group Chats - 50
Compassion Hearts - 150

Friendly Face
Group Chats - 100
Compassion Hearts - 300

Helping Hand
Group Chats - 200
Compassion Hearts - 600

Wise One
Group Chats - 500
Compassion Hearts - 1500

proactiveTiger3409 February 8th, 2016

To clarify.... I don't think they all need to show up on chat. That would just take up too much space. However, I think the other badges should show up on the member's personal page with the rest of their badges.

Emily619 February 8th, 2016

Love this! Thanks for adding this to the Member side :)

Ryanoleary25 February 8th, 2016

i have all these but i dont have the badges ?

Openarms5 February 8th, 2016

@Ryanoleary25

You actually do have this badge! It's listed on your profile :D You can't really see your own badge in the chat room, but you can try refreshing and checking the "current participants" list to see you badge! :D